Saturday, October 20, 2018

being a long time mencken fan any time i see a quote of his leading an article i have to explore it further. here you will find someone speaking of their once full avoidance of anything they didn't already 'believe' and where they have gone from there;

The men the American people admire most extravagantly are the most daring liars; the men they detest most violently are those who try to tell them the truth.’H. L. Mencken
‘Only the small secrets need to be protected. The large ones are kept secret by public incredulity.’Marshall McLuha
I just participated in a podcast interview with Andrew Carrington Hitchcock, and I’m told it will be released in a couple of weeks. Hitchcock and I spent some time talking about strategies and tactics for spreading our messages to others. In the interview, I described myself as a reformed “pajama person,” which is someone who goes through life asleep to the realities of the world around them.
I awakened five years ago and have traveled down many rabbit holes to learn as much as I possibly could. I explained to Hitchcock that I view my website, Winter Watch, as a resource for others who are in various stages of awakening and from which to garner topic surveys and talking points. If this were “Lord of the Rings,” we would be the ones wandering through Middle Earth having to deal with Orcs and the rest. The pajama people are those back home in the Shire.

https://www.winterwatch.net/2018/10/a-word-about-authoritarian-followers-and-dealing-with-pajama-people/

No comments:

Post a Comment