Tuesday, September 29, 2026

marriage palestinian style, courtesy of the occupation run by zionists leaving us to wonder how he still hasn't been arrested, or murdered for not being a joo; 

 

 Karam Shaheen, 27, spent months furnishing the apartment. He painted the walls, carefully chose the furniture, and prepared a children’s room before there were any children. He married Janeen, 23, on September 21, 2023. Two weeks later, the war began.

“Everything we had dreamed of was gone,” he said. “From the first hours of the bombing, I had to leave. I took only the clothes I was wearing.”

What followed was a series of displacements that pulled the couple across the Gaza Strip: from al-Karama in northern Gaza to his family’s home, then to al-Nasr neighborhood, then south toward Khan Younis, where 48 people from their extended family were packed into two apartments; men in one, women in the other.

“I would see my wife by chance,” Karam told Mondoweiss. “Privacy was completely gone.”

In May 2024, Janeen obtained “travel coordination” and crossed into Egypt via the Rafah border crossing. Karam was supposed to follow three days later. On May 6, the Israeli army seized the Rafah crossing. He has not left since.

“Suddenly, I was in one place, and Janeen was in another country. Everything stopped,” Karam said........more...........

No comments:

Post a Comment