Monday, June 28, 2021

 there is no rule of law here in the empire and cases like the one presented below clearly show that;


Spring Lake, NC — John David Livingston, 33, was shot and killed in the early morning hours in 2015 as police were conducting an assault investigation. Police were not looking for Livingston, and the entire situation could have been avoided had they come back with a warrant like Livingston requested. Now, because the cop who killed him was never held accountable, the taxpayers of Spring Lake will shell out $6 million.

The $6 million is the maximum payout allowed under the insurance policy carried by the Harnett County Sheriff’s Office. Naturally, the sheriff’s department admits no guilt and defended the actions of police that night.

“This settlement is not in any way an admission of guilt to any actions of the deputies,” Sheriff Wayne Coats said. “Although I was not the sheriff at the time of the incidents, I still support the men that were involved and I believe they acted appropriately.”

The lawsuit disagreed and claimed a pattern of excessive force by the department and showed a whopping 43 incidents to support their case.

Harnett County Sheriff’s Deputy Nicholas Kehagias was the trigger man and belonged to an internal clique of cops who had surnames starting with “K” and allegedly referred to themselves as “KKK.”

After the shooting, Kehagias was allowed to quietly resign and avoided any and all accountability.

“In my opinion, I’d rather, honestly, get to where Kehagias is guilty,” John Livingston Jr., Livingston’s son said after the lawsuit.

“That money ain’t going to buy my dad back. There’s a lot of things I wish I could have done with my dad in the past five, six years that I wasn’t able to do because of Kehagias..........read more........

No comments:

Post a Comment