Tuesday, August 25, 2026

 caitlin speaks of what is and what could be. its a matter of your mind set and goals;

 

 Anna on Twitter asks, “Is anyone else really stressed about their future and where they are in life and what they’ve accomplished and their worth as a person?”

I understand what you’re saying, but that’s mostly just head noise that gets indoctrinated into us by the unhealthy society we live in.

Life isn’t about racking up a bunch of accomplishments or hitting certain milestones, it’s about living. Literally physically being alive, and making sure you fully live it.

When I say “fully live” your life, I don’t mean having a bunch of exciting experiences like going skydiving or running with the bulls, and I don’t mean ticking a bunch of boxes like getting married and having kids. I mean actually being present for it. Having your attention in what’s really going on instead of in a bunch of made-up thought fluff in your head. And that actually gets a lot easier to do once you let go of the notion that you’re doing life wrong and that your story isn’t unfolding correctly.

According to the rules of our dysfunctional society, you are inadequate unless you’ve become a productive gear-turner for capitalism and obtained enough wealth to consume products at large volume. Ideally you’ll have also produced some children who can grow up to become good consumers and gear-turners themselves. Your life is nothing but a story of academic goals to career goals to relationship goals to family goals, purchasing larger and larger chunks of real estate along the way until you catch some disease and die...........more.........

No comments:

Post a Comment