Tuesday, September 15, 2026

 i was neither for or against the orange man when he began his political expedition but now review him as a total grifter. i'm wondering how long till he plants a statue of himself astride the potomac to give contest to the mythical statue of rhodes. it would be, of course, colored gold; 

 

The excitement In Washington is palpable with the announcement that President Donald Trump has a new project to help beautify the city on top of the huge banners bearing his image festooning the fronts of government buildings, his billion dollar White House fortified ballroom, the paving of the rose garden, the enlarging of the helicopter landing pad, the soon to be demolished and renamed “Trump”-Kennedy Center, the renaming of the “Trump” Institute of Peace, and the soon to be started Trump-fal Arch being constructed between the Lincoln Memorial and Arlington National Cemetery. The president has clearly identified the urgent need for a thirty-foot high effigy of America’s first president George Washington, which is already being referred to as a “Colossus Statue,” to be placed along the city’s mall in front of the Smithsonian Museum of American History. The under-White House-control-or-I’ll-fire-you city planning and arts commissions will undoubtedly approve the project in spite of the fact that George Washington would have no doubt abhorred such a monument to himself, since he clearly rejected in his Farewell Address the suggestion that he and his successors would be or become anything like “kings.” The Smithsonian, which has independent management, might seek to block the move but recent history has shown us that Trump will ignore any opposition and employ any and every brutal expedient to get his way.

George Washington aside, President Donald Trump really is working hard to make both the city of Washington and the nation all about himself. Over the weekend, the president wrapped up the first-ever Republican Midterm Convention populated by an underflow crowd of his supporters with a pledge allegiance to him personally as part of a “vow to vote,” saying “Please raise right your right hand. I pledge to the greatest president in the history of the United States. That loves us so much he can’t even breathe, that I will go out with my family, my friends, I’ll do it any way — I don’t care if I’m registered or not, I’m going to try to cheat like hell like they do… and we are going to vote on November 3.”..........more........

No comments:

Post a Comment