Friday, August 14, 2026

 AI isn't your friend or assistant;

 

 A few days ago, I wrote an article highlighting the bizarre story of OpenAI AND Anthropic AND Meta all suddenly claiming to have “rogue AI agents” escape their “containment” and try to hack other companies in the space of a week or two.

Two days after that I penned the sequel, noting the even more extreme “scary AI” stories – from mind-reading computers to bio-engineered viruses – that were manifesting all over the media landscape, and the massive surge in “regulate AI” hot takes.

Consider this the final part of the “Rogue AI” trilogy.

If you’re not seeing the pattern yet there’s not much more I can do, and I’m running out of ways to say the same thing in slightly different words.

Anyway…what’s new to the AI propaganda storm since the last time we chatted?

New Orleans is going to start using AI for 911 calls. That sounds a little shady, doesn’t it?

OpenAI’s chief ethical consultant has resigned, that’s a sure sign they’re doing evil stuff. Your ethics officer doesn’t resign unless something bad is going down </sarc>.

The latest “disclosure” (read “made up nonsense”)  from the AI sector is that multiple rogue agents (allegedly) “colluded” on secret message boards to figure out the best ways to cheat the tests they were given.............more.........

No comments:

Post a Comment