Saturday, October 28, 2023

 ain't no surprise but it seems that its the subject of investigation for some with the means to do so;


“The rich ruleth over the poor, and the borrower is servant to the lender.” ~ Proverbs 22:7

~ Introduction ~

According to film experts, the 1939 film The Wizard of Oz is the most widely viewed film of all time. I have no idea if that is true or not, but if it is then people should know what I am talking about when I mention the scene towards the end of the film when Toto (not the band) pulls back the curtain to reveal the real wizard. If the movie is as widely viewed as film historians claim, then people should also remember what the wizard says, ‘Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.’ 

It would seem that, even back in the late 1930’s, Hollywood was providing us with metaphors to give us glimpses of the reality we exist in.

I do not know if it is simply due to a lack of imagination on people’s part, or if they are so thoroughly indoctrinated that they cannot see it, but the film industry often tells us the truth about the world we live in; using metaphors and analogies, of course. Films such as The MatrixV for Vendetta, or They Live are perfect examples of how films expose the reality behind the curtain of their indoctrination…yet people cannot accept that what they are seeing is anything other than fiction, or the vivid imagination of some storyteller.

I recall, vividly I might add, when that curtain was drawn back, and I got a glimpse of the truth that lay beyond it; it came as quite a shock to me. I could have turned around and gone back, but once on gets a glimpse of the truth, to steal a phrase from The Matrix, once you unplug there is no going back. Besides, my curiosity had been piqued; I wanted to learn more…and oh boy, I sure got my wish!..........more......

No comments:

Post a Comment