Saturday, June 24, 2023

 fred speaks about reparations;


I keep hearing blacks saying how we need and open and honest conversation about race, and oppression, and the lingering effects of slavery. Well, I guess. I’ve sort of thought that too. Of course, I could guess who they wanted to do all the talking. But I have to concede, if I plumb the depths of my soul, that slavery does have lingering effects and, yes, that they are ghastly. Because of this legacy, I am very sorry about slavery.

All right, let’s talk about the lingering effects of slavery. For starters, Americans can’t walk in the cities of their own country without danger of being beaten to death or shot. How is that for a lingering effect? The downtown’s of their cities are uninhabitable: New York, Camden, Trenton, Newark, Philadelphia, Washington, Baltimore, Chicago, Milwaukee, Detroit, Jackson, New Orleans, for example.  I am filled with repentance for slavery. Boy, am I.

Sometimes I wish we had time travel so we could go back and hang those wretched Brits who brought in slaves. Places that I once loved–San Francisco, for example–are dying, have died, under uncontrolled crime by a people at the level of hunting and gathering, with stores moving out along with the civilized who are able to escape. In one after another of once-lovely cities, American-African mayoresses make crime  virtually legal. The lingering effects of slavery. Believe me, I am sorry.

Leofs are everywhere,  and white people ought to admit their responsibility. My grandsons go to schools often taught by lingering effects at the mental level of tarsiers, lacking all respect for grammar, mathematics, or recognizable English. Dat stuff be Ray Ciss, know wud I’m sane? Our kids can’t take AP courses because the lingering effects of slavery can’t pass them. I guess if my granddaughter wants to learn chemistry, she can do it late at night, in the basement, with curtains over the windows, and her mother keeping watch...........more...........

No comments:

Post a Comment